Braids with beads are a fun and stylish way to show off your child’s personality while also offering a protective hairstyle.
These creative designs can vary from simple to elaborate, making them a great option for kids with natural hair.
With proper care, braids can help to promote healthy hair growth and reduce daily maintenance, especially given their protective nature.
Some popular braided bead hairstyles for kids include curvy cornrow braids, skinny braids, beaded braided pigtails, and lemonade braids. While some styles may be easy to do at home, others might require a professional touch to ensure perfection. Regardless of the level of complexity, these hairstyles can last for several weeks, providing a fashionable and functional solution to manage your child’s hair.
Keep reading for our list of 20 popular braided and beaded hairstyles for kids, including the time it takes and what you need to complete the look.
20 Popular Braided Hairstyles for Kids With Beads
1. Beaded Box Braids Without Hair Extensions
Beaded box braids without hair extensions are a great option for kids with natural hair.
This style takes anywhere from 2-4 hours to complete, depending on the length and thickness of the braids.
Add beads to the end of each braid to create a playful look.
2. Fulani Braids With Beads
Fulani braids are an intricate, eye-catching hairstyle for kids that takes approximately 3-4 hours, depending on hair length and complexity.
To achieve this look, create Fulani cornrows, adding beads at the end of each braid.
3. Beaded Heart Braid Design
This adorable hairstyle features a heart-shaped braid design at the scalp with added beads at the end of each braid.
It takes about 2 hours to complete this fun style, and you’ll need colorful beads and a beading tool.
4. Two-Sided Braids With Beads
Two-sided braids with beads are a stylish, symmetrical hairstyle, perfect for putting in pigtails.
Part the hair down the middle and cornrow each side as you like. Beads can be added to the ends or woven throughout.
5. Beaded Butterfly Braids
Beaded butterfly braids offer a unique twist on a classic style.
After braiding butterflies onto the scalp where desired, beads can be incorporated into the loose braids or added to the ends for extra flair.
This style can take 3-5 hours to complete, depending on the length and thickness of the braids.
6. Threaded Cornrows With Beads
Threaded cornrows with beads feature colorful thread woven through the braids, with beads added for extra detail.
This look takes approximately 3-4 hours to create, and you’ll need thread, beads, and a little patience.
7. Mohawk Cornrows With Beads
For a bold look, try mohawk cornrows with beads.
Braid the hair towards the center of the head, incorporating beads into the braids for a dramatic effect or adding them to the ends for a colorful finish.
8. Double-Sided Braids With Beads
Double-Sided Braids are great for half-up half-down hairstyles.
Add beads at the end of each braid after braiding the top and bottom half of the hair separately.
9. Lemonade Braids With Beads
Lemonade braids, popularized by Beyoncé, are a stunning side-swept cornrow style for kids.
These braids take roughly 3-4 hours, and you can add beads into the braids or at the end for a unique look.
10. Fulani Cornrows With Twisted Ends and Beads
This advanced style features Fulani cornrows with twisted ends and beads.
Add beads throughout the twists or at the end for added detail.
11. Beaded Cornrows With Two-Strand Twists
Try beaded cornrows with two-strand twists for an easy-to-maintain style.
Cornrow the top of the head in the desired pattern, twisting the loose hair instead of braiding it.
You can incorporate beads throughout this look or add them at the ends.
12. Beaded Two-Strand Twist Mohawk Updo
The beaded two-strand twist mohawk is an epic updo.
Take the hair and section three or four times. Pull each section into a ponytail and secure it to the top of the head using elastics, smoothing the sides as you go.
Twist each ponytail, adding the beads to the ends.
13. Stitch Braids With Beads
Stitch braids with beads are a stunning look that takes approximately 4 hours to create.
You’ll need beads, a beading tool, and elastics to complete this style.
Beads can be added throughout the braids, at the end, or both.
14. Beaded Double Cornrow Ponytails With Jumbo Two-Strand Twists
Beaded double cornrow ponytails with jumbo two-strand twists are a more complex variation of two-sided braids.
Part and cornrow the hair, as usual, leaving the ends loose.
Gather the loose hair into ponytails, twist it into jumbo two-strand twists, and add beads to the ends.
15. Triple Cornrows Ponytail With Twisted Ends and Beads
Triple cornrows ponytail with twisted ends and beads is a unique style that takes around 3 hours to create.
Separate the hair into three sections and cornrow as usual, twisting the ends and either incorporating the beads or adding them to the ends.
16. Beaded Ghana Cornrows
Beaded Ghana cornrows are a great protective style for older kids that often uses hair extensions to create large, thick braids.
These dramatic cornrows go straight back from the face, often in a complex pattern, and typically end in long braids perfect for adding beads.
17. Natural Dutch Braids With Beads
Natural Dutch braids with beads are a lovely option for kids with unprocessed hair.
This style takes about 2 hours to complete, and you can add beads at the end or throughout the braids.
18. Beaded Curvy or Wrap-Around Cornrows
Beaded curvy cornrows, or wrap-around cornrows, are a creative way to style your child’s hair.
This look takes around 2-3 hours to complete, and beads can be added throughout the braids or at the ends.
19. Diagonal Braids With Beads
Similar to curvy cornrows, diagonal braids with beads are distinct and eye-catching.
Braid the hair in a diagonal pattern to achieve this look, adding beads to the ends.
20. Forward-Braided Cornrows with Beads
Forward-braided cornrows are a cute and different look for kids.
Braid the hair towards the face, adding beads as desired.
Table of Contents
- 20 Popular Braided Hairstyles for Kids With Beads
- 1. Beaded Box Braids Without Hair Extensions
- 2. Fulani Braids With Beads
- 3. Beaded Heart Braid Design
- 4. Two-Sided Braids With Beads
- 5. Beaded Butterfly Braids
- 6. Threaded Cornrows With Beads
- 7. Mohawk Cornrows With Beads
- 8. Double-Sided Braids With Beads
- 9. Lemonade Braids With Beads
- 10. Fulani Cornrows With Twisted Ends and Beads
- 11. Beaded Cornrows With Two-Strand Twists
- 12. Beaded Two-Strand Twist Mohawk Updo
- 13. Stitch Braids With Beads
- 14. Beaded Double Cornrow Ponytails With Jumbo Two-Strand Twists
- 15. Triple Cornrows Ponytail With Twisted Ends and Beads
- 16. Beaded Ghana Cornrows
- 17. Natural Dutch Braids With Beads
- 18. Beaded Curvy or Wrap-Around Cornrows
- 19. Diagonal Braids With Beads
- 20. Forward-Braided Cornrows with Beads